Tier 5 Visas
Several visa types are grouped together under the Tier 5 visa category. One common aspect of all the Tier 5 visas category is that they allow migrants to work in the UK, but for only a limited period.
A Tier 5 visa cannot provide a route to indefinite leave to remain unless it is part of the ten-year continuous lawful residence route to indefinite leave to remain (see ILR 10 Years Long Residence).
Settled Status in the UK refers to the immigration status granted to eligible EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, as well as their family members, who were living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period (December 31, 2020). It allows individuals to continue living and working in the UK without any immigration restrictions. Settled Status is part of the UK government’s EU Settlement Scheme, which was introduced to protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members residing in the UK after Brexit. Once granted Settled Status, individuals are granted the right to stay indefinitely in the UK and enjoy various benefits and services.
Tier 5 Visa Categories
There are mainly two types of visas under the Tier 5 category. One is for the youth mobility scheme and the others are for temporary workers under different sections.
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
- Tier 5 Temporary Workers Visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker-charity worker) visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker- creative and sporting) visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker- government authorised exchange) visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker- international agreement) visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker- religious worker) visa
Tier 5 Visa Requirements
Requirements for Tier 5 visas depend on the specific category you are applying. Please see specific requirements for the Tier 5 visa category that you are applying for on the individual pages. There is no English language requirement for Tier 5 visas.
Tier 5 Visa Documents
The documents required for a Tier 5 application will again depend on the specific type of visa application that you will make but in general, these are the documents that you will need to submit under most categories of Tier 5 visa.
- Applicant’s Passport and/or Valid travel identification Passport-sized colour photograph
- Applicant’s Previous passports (if held any)
- Proof of maintenance requirements – Personal Bank Statements or Confirmation of maintenance and accommodation, if necessary, from your A-rated sponsor.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test results if your country is on the list where you have to take the test.