Asana is a project management tool that allows you to create, organize, and manage multiple to-do lists. It also allows you to define projects with multiple steps and stakeholders. You can create separate lists for each of these components and assign them to team members. Asana also lets you track the progress of each task and assign celebration creatures when a task is complete.
Asana Demo works best when a team of three or more members uses the software. This helps everyone in the team have a clear view of each other’s projects and prioritize their work. Users can mark a task as “top priority” to let other team members know how urgent it is. In addition, you can easily make a schedule for a project using Asana, making it easy to stay organized and on top of your work.
Asana Software Features
Your inbox is a place where you can keep track of all your messages and the tasks they are associated with. To continue discussions, you can attach tasks to your messages. You can also proof photos and PDFs. Any comments or suggestions you make can be made into tasks so that the rest of your team is aware of what needs to be done.
There are many ways to view work
Asana is designed to be flexible for your workforce. It offers many ways to view your tasks or projects.
- List: You can view and group your tasks using a grid format.
- My tasks: You can view all of your tasks in a To-Do List format.
- Calendar: This shows a list of tasks that must be completed by a given deadline.
- Board: This board displays your future tasks in a bulletin board format.
- Inbox: This contains a list of all of your conversations.
- Files: This grouping combines all files uploaded to the project.
Management and Reporting Tools
Asana’s reporting tools will make it easy for managers to organize project updates and send reminders as needed. To motivate and support their hard work, you can set “goals” and “milestones” that will keep everyone on the same page.
Status updates can be used to communicate with your team. You can also use your Dashboard for quick communication.
You can create teams to allow people to work together on one project. You will find the overview tab, where you can track your projects, and the messages tab for announcements or group discussions.
To keep your teammates informed and alerted if they have any problems, you can add them as followers to projects not assigned to them.
Administrators can set privacy controls. Administrators can restrict access to certain tasks and hide sensitive work teams using permissions.
Easy App Integration
Asana’s integration with other apps is one of its best features. Asana works well with many other apps, including-
- PowerBI, Microsoft Team, and Zoom.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, OneDrive, and Office365. Box, Google Drive, and Dropbox are all available for file creation and sharing.
- Harvest is an inbuilt time tracker tool.
Asana Project Management: The Pros and Cons
Here are some pros of Asana:
- Asana’s interface is appealing.
- A simple-to-use calendar that syncs with all your tasks
- It is possible to see all your tasks from one place
- Integration via email
Master’s Program in Digital Project Management
Get the core digital project management skills ENROLL NOW
Here are some cons to Asana.
- It is difficult to keep track of all items in multiple projects due the same day or week.
- This application is mostly text-based. It’s not uncommon for the structure to be destroyed, a job removed or the task’s name changed.
- You cannot assign multiple people to the exact same task.
- The process can be slow when there are so many tasks at once.
- Asana does not have time-tracking capabilities so you will need an external program.
Before you buy Trello for your project management needs, it is a good idea to try out the software. A free demo can help you evaluate its features and navigate its user interface. There are a number of reasons why this is a good idea. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
The Trello Demo lacks many features, and it isn’t very intuitive. The lack of power-ups is especially frustrating for new users. The Power-Ups feature allows users to quickly see which cards are due on a certain date. Once you’ve found them, you can drag and drop them onto the calendar and view them in calendar format. It also allows you to filter the cards by the due date.
The Custom Fields power-up allows teams to add more information to a card. Adding custom information to a card is especially helpful for time tracking and collaborative projects. Your card will display this information on the front and will be visible to everyone in the board view.
Trello is an online project management tool that functions like a digital whiteboard where you can write on a board of digital Post-it notes. Similarly, to Kanban boards, Trello promotes WIP limits to help you plan and prioritize projects. However, this approach to project management is not appropriate for all types of projects. For example, it can be hard to visually track a large project.
Fortunately, Trello comes with a variety of templates that can make the process of creating a board much easier. These templates allow you to save time when starting a new project. They help set the premise for working immediately. For example, you can use the editorial calendar template to plan out content. These templates can be obtained from industry leaders or the community, and you can customize them to suit your team’s needs.
Trello’s Key Features
- Trello uses boards, cards, and lists to manage projects.
- Checklists can be used to create subtasks within a single card.
- Multiple members can share tasks, and they will be notified about any card changes.
- You can include deadlines in the tasks.
- A team keeps up-to-date with their activities by keeping a log.
- Attachments allow for the efficient organization of resources.
- Butler, the built-in automation of the Butler reduces tedious tasks and harnesses the power of automation.
Trello allows organizations to connect their applications to the Trello workflow. There are hundreds of Power-Ups/integrations available to make workflow seamless. These are some of the most popular:
- Google Drive
- IBM Connect
Trello’s simplicity is what has attracted more than 40 million users around the world. Trello is used by some notable companies:
- John Deere
- National Geographic
- Trello can be used right away after you sign up. Trello allows you to sign up for a free account and then get access to almost all its features. Although it is a premium service, most of the essential features are accessible with the free option.
- Trello uses the Kanban method, which is a popular way to achieve lean administration. Trello can help you achieve lean.
- It’s mobile-friendly. Trello’s interface is very similar to a mobile app and very user-friendly. The mobile app is very popular and offers the same features as the desktop application.
- All items related to a project can be found on one page.
- It is simple to add new members, create issues, and assign them.
Trello: Effective Project Management with Trello
These steps will help you use Trello to manage your projects effectively:
Step 1: Sign up for Trello
Sign up for your first time at trello.com
When you log in, the screen below will appear. You will have the option to create a brand-new board in the Personal Board tab.
Logging in: The first screen
Step 2: Create Trello boards
Follow these steps to create your board. Trello is not complete without it.
- Click the Create new Board option under the Personal Boards tab.
- Name the board. You can pick a background color or pattern that can be changed later.
- If you have multiple teams, you can choose which one you want to grant access to the board.
There are three steps to creating a board
Step 3: Form a team
For professional purposes, you will need to create a team. Click on the “Create team” option.
Click the “Create a Team” option to open the pop-up
Please provide a name for the team, a description of its type, and a brief description. Click on “Continue” to open the invitation option.
You have the option to invite team members
Click the Send invitation button and enter the email IDs for your team members. You will send them an invitation to join Trello.
Three steps to sending an invitation
Step 4: Create lists in Trello
Lists can be created according to your requirements. You can have three lists, for example: To Do, In Progress and Done. A list can be created for each member of your team. These are the steps for creating a list:
- To create a new list, open the board. Click the Add a List option below the name of your board.
- Next, name your list and click on Add to List.
- You will see an option to add a new card right below your list.
Three steps to add a list
Step 5: Create cards in Trello
- Below the list name, click the Add a Card option.
- Click on Add Card to enter a title for your card.
Three steps to add a card
You can click on a card to add a description or comment for your team members. From the same screen, you can add labels, checklists, and attachments.
Step 6: Assigning cards and giving due dates
Trello cards allow you to add members and set due dates. It helps you know who is working on what task when working in a group. It is easier to keep track of when tasks must be completed by following due dates.
A card can be assigned to one person and you can keep track of who has been given what task. To ensure everyone is updated on the status of a task, you can add more members to a card. These are the steps for adding someone to a card:
- Click on the card you wish to assign members.
- Click on the Members link to the right.
- Click the names to add people to your team by searching for them.
Three steps to add members to a card
These steps will allow you to add due dates:
- Click on the card you wish to add a due date.
- Select the Due Date option in the list to the right.
- Choose a due date in the calendar. Add a time to the calendar and click Save.
For due dates less than 24 hours, a yellow label is given. Cards that are past due will be in red.
There are three steps to adding a due date
Step 7: Add labels to cards
Trello lets you add colored labels on cards to identify task types or groups. Multiple labels can be added to one card. These are the steps for adding labels to a card:
- Click on the card if you wish to add a label.
- Right-click the Labels option.
- Choose a label from your selection. You can choose from a variety of pre-selected colors. You can add a label by clicking on the edit icon
Three steps to adding a label
Once you have added labels on your cards, colored bars will appear on your cards in your lists as shown in this image.