Different types of testing for different types of equipment are required to obtain information about our products. The strength and durability of each material are some of the test properties. This is exactly what the universal testing machine is designed for. The purpose of the machine is to determine whether the material has sufficient strength and strength.
The machine is capable of pulling, compressing, bending, or stretching material that cannot be broken and is used by industrial plants to test objects to see if they are performing the task for which they were designed. Several vertical parts on the base are marked with a universal tester. The second plate has connectors for holding the sample and its movement during the stress test.
The most well-known test performed by a universal testing machine is the determination of hardness. This is done by holding one end of the sample and pulling at the other end until the opposite sides are destroyed. The flexural strength test follows the same pattern. However, instead of pulling, the machine pushes the sample tip. The machine is multifunctional and can be used to determine various material properties. Only a few materials can be easily softened without breaking, resulting in an unfinished product.
The universal testing machine is used for various tests.
Abrasive and pressure tests are also applicable for universal testing equipment. The metal cutting edge is inserted into the material at a constant speed until a piece of a specimen is cut during the shear test. Current types of UTM machines use digital control and programming, which eliminates the need for a specific recorder that was originally used to log test results for subject analysis and interpretation.
Purpose of a universal testing machine
The universal testing machine has the following features:
- Used to determine the tensile strength of a material.
- Used for compression testing.
- An adhesion test can be performed with the device.
- Prognostic exercises.
- The machine is used to perform a hysteresis test.
Why is it used?
Traction testing is one of the most common applications for universal testing machines. It is used to determine how strong the material is and how far it can go.
- Crushing test: Crushing is not the same as tensile testing. Everything can be compressed in a universal test device. Everything can be squeezed until it breaks. The pressure test is performed to determine the breaking point of the material.
- Est Skin test: The skin test is the same as the skin test. The main difference is that one piece of material is scratched by a tensile test, while two trapped materials are pressed by a skin test to measure the strength of the skin. One of the main differences between the skin test and the tensile test is this.
The UTM machine tool is known as Universal Testing Machine because it has many applications. There are many universal solutions for testing machines and you can contact your supplier to obtain them. It simplifies most of the work because it works like an all-in-one critical test machine, and it’s no longer difficult to verify multiple pieces of material because it can be done at once. Find out more about the UTM and Heicoin cement testing equipment for more details.