Now that many of us have figured out how to spell Pinterest on Instagram. Instagram is the brainchild of a child brainchild of Kevin Systrom, a college friend of Mark Zuckerberg. In fact, Zuckerberg invited Systrom to join him on Facebook when social media was still a topic in Zuckerberg’s head, but Systrom chose to stay in school. Picuki is a free tool website for Instagram That decision led to Systrom becoming Silicon Valley’s, along with Stanford University, becoming the latest online millionaire.
Instagram is a free social media sharing photo platform launched on October 6, 2010. Allows users to download photos, process them through a digital filter, and share them with other users connected to them. Instagram is very successful from the start. By December 2010 they had over 1 million users. In April 2012, 30 million users downloaded more than 150 million photos from Instagram. And in April, Instagram became available to android users. Recognizing the threat to its dominance on social media, Facebook took immediate action to reduce its latest rival. And in April, Facebook bought Instagram for $ 1 billion.
How can local small businesses use Instagram? First, you must register. To register a business you must have a local page. To create a local page for your business, you must create an account at Foursquare. Foursquare is a site-based social media platform for mobile users. Instagram uses the site of the Foursquare site to tag an image in that area. If your site is not yet listed on the Foursquare website, you can add it by following these recommended steps on the Instagram webpage:
Download and subscribe to Foursquare from the App Store: http://bit.ly/lx9vzb or Google Play.
Go to the Login tab and search for the name of the place you want to add
Tap the “Add this place” option.
Once you have added a location to the Foursquare website, you should be able to search for it on the Location screen on Instagram and select it to tag your photo with the location you created.
Upload your photo, then touch the place name (in blue text) that appears above your image to see the page of the place you created, where your photo and all the photos tagged with this place in the future will appear.
When you’re done with Foursquare, go ahead and set up your Instagram account:
- Sing using your brand name as a username.
- Add a profile picture, business information and a link to your website
- Link to our other social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Now that you have set up your account, you can start building a presence on Instagram. Among the strategies you can use are:
- Share compelling content Avple Where have you heard that before? Anyone who has been following internal marketing, seo, and building an online presence knows that it all starts with content. Don’t be afraid to try your photos. Ask for feedback from your fans. What do they like best? What about at least?
- Use hashtags to gain more followers and share your photos. If you use hashtags, specify. This will help you find like-minded people who may be interested in your product or service. So instead of just saying #mot, say #bmw. Try to include people who really like your product. See what other businesses are doing in your industry. They have probably used ideas that did not reach you.
- Share photo on other social networking sites. Instagram allows you to easily share photos on Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr. When these users see your photo they will go to your site, or start following you on Instagram.
- Make sure your pictures tell the story you want to tell. Posting a picture of that delicious steak dinner you are about to eat will not help you much if you have a tire shop. Be real. Your users will be able to determine if the photos you post are genuine or not
- Be consistent. Don’t overload your posts, but always post enough to keep our fans engaged.
Another criticism of Instagram is that its filters are destroying beautiful images. The complaint comes mainly from professional photographers who may be feeling the heat of competition. Their standards of what is acceptable are generally higher than those of society as a whole. For many business purposes, photo production on Instagram is “good enough”.
Another criticism is that Instagram does not have a business model and is small or has no revenue. But that is a Facebook problem, not yours. Since most Internet search engines do business on mobile devices, it is the smart online advertiser who will benefit the most. Using apps like Instagram will pay dividends down the road.